Though all-you-can-eat Sushi places sell a large amount of food at very low prices, you will still find many of them providing these services for many years, an indication that they are earning adequate profit to cater for the operating expenses and other needs as well. The question in the minds of many is, ‘how do these restaurants make money?
- All-you-can-eat sushi places will prepare food that is not complicated in large quantities. Though sushi takes some time when preparing and there are some ingredients which will cost a lot such as sushi-grade tuna, these restaurants will prefer to serve the food to the customers instead of throwing away. This means they will not incur huge losses as a result of throwing away spoilt food.
- All-you-can-eat such restaurants will charge their customers for any food that has not been eaten. This means that customers will be afraid of ordering more than what is enough for them.
- The restaurants charge the same price for all available food in the restaurant. A customer who is not aware that the food costs the same will order the cheaper option which will earn the restaurant huge profits.
- The number of employees that have been tasked with serving the customers is low as every customer will go for his own food and then sit at one of the tables to have it. This greatly reduces the cost of running the restaurant.
- Instead of preparing special orders for each client, all-you-can-eat sushi places will prepare adequate food that will be enough for all the customers that will come to the restaurant. This will save the amount of energy spent and the labor costs as well which means that the little amount of profit made will be enough to sustain the restaurant.
Most of the time, all-you-can-eat sushi places will set a price that is more than what an average person can eat which means that most of the clients will have paid more than what they will consume. At times the quality of the sushi is low and in addition, they will serve more rice and vegetables and less of what is more expensive like fish.